1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL U.S. FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCE TO WIN.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contests”), visit the nuggetsofknowledgeatl.com website and: a) fully complete the entry form b) answer the McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month quiz in order to participate. Entry must include your full name, your home address, e-mail address, home phone number. The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”) will begin at 12:00am 1/30/2015 and will continue through 11:59pm on 3/6/2015. Winners will be selected at random from among all qualified entries who complete the quiz with 80% accuracy or higher.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”) is OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA LIVING IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES: BANKS, BARROW, BARTOW, BUTTS, CARROLL, CHEROKEE, CLARKE, CLAYTON, COBB, COWETA, DAWSON, DEKALB, DOUGLAS, FANNIN, FAYETTE, FLOYD, FORSYTH, FULTON, GILMER, GORDON, GREENE, GWINNETT, HABERSHAM, HALL, HARALSON, HENRY, JACKSON, JASPER, LUMPKIN, MADISON, MORGAN, NEWTON, OCONEE, OGLETHORPE, PAULDING, PICKENS, PIKE, POLK, PUTNAM, RABUN, ROCKDALE, SPALDING, TOWNS, UNION, WALTON, AND WHITE 13 years of age and older at time of entry, or younger than 13 years of age with permission of a parent or guardian. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc., Cox Media Group, Inc., WALR-FM, WVEE-FM, CBS Radio, Inc., CBS local Media, WUPA-TV, Radio One, Inc., WAMJ-FM, The Coca-Cola Company, Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., McDonald’s USA, LLC, Atlanta area media, promotional sponsors, and all affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of all such employees, and all other with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to participate in the contest or win prizes. The term, immediate families include spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. Only one winner per household per contest and winners may not win more than one contest every 30 days.
4. PRIZES: The administrator will randomly select 1 winner from among all qualified entries who complete the quiz with 80% accuracy or higher to receive complimentary McDonald’s all white meat Chicken McNuggets for one year and $500.00 in cash. Actual Retail Value (ARV) of the prize is $1,100. Additionally, the administrator will randomly select 2 winners from among all qualified entries who complete the quiz with 80% accuracy or higher to receive $365 each. Additionally, the administrator will randomly select 50 winners from among all qualified entries who complete the quiz with 80% accuracy or higher to receive free admissions for a family of four (4) to the Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta, Georgia; (Actual Retail Value (ARV) is $15.00 per admission/person). Entrants who complete the quiz with 80% accuracy or higher will receive a certificate of completion and a coupon for a complimentary McDonald’s all white meat Chicken McNugget Happy Meal with Milk. Actual Retail Value (ARV) of each McNugget Happy Meal prize is $5.00.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: All attempts will be made to notify the winner immediately. The Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and WALR-FM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. As a condition of receiving the contest prize, the Winner or Winner’s parent or guardian will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release, which must be signed at the time the winner, claims his/her prize at the WALR-FM Business Office. Failure of to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of WALR-FM, and Cox Media group, Inc., result in winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the Winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in on-air promotional announcements and other promotional material from WALR-FM, and Cox Media group, Inc, and on the Cox Media group, Inc Interactive Web sites, and to the inclusion of his or her name and image in any other related publications or Web sites for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation. The Winner’s list may be obtained by sending a request with self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1601 West Peachtree St. Atlanta GA, 30309.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”) constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. WVEE 103FM, Majic 107.5/97.5, WALR-FM, and Cox Media, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the Contest. By participating, Contestants agree that Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical difficulties, malfunctions or failures of any kind, whether originating with contestant, Sponsor or a third party, including, without limitation, the malfunction of any telephone network or equipment. Sponsor is not responsible for any events beyond its control (acts of God, cancelled concert, artist or performer non-appearance, etc.). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor/administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest. All conversations in connection with the Contest must be conducted in English. Sponsors/administrator cannot translate for non-English-speaking contestants.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”), contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and sponsors/administrators in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”), contestants release WALR-FM, Cox Media Group, Inc., WALR-FM, WVEE-FM, CBS Radio, Inc., CBS local Media, WUPA-TV, Radio One, Inc., WAMJ-FM, The Coca-Cola Company, Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., McDonald’s and any other partners, sponsors, administrators, its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of its respective officers, directors, franchisees and employees, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. The “McDonald’s Nuggets of Knowledge Black History Month Quiz” (the “Contest”) is administrated by Taylormade Marketing by whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. McDonald’s is not responsible for administering this Promotion or selecting the winners. Taylormade Marketing will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other Contest materials. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department, Taylormade Marketing via email at email@example.com.